The Island Hopper Songwriter Fest is proudly produced by the Lee County Tourist Development Council, BMI, iHeartMedia and Cat Country 107.1. We hope you enjoy this 10-day festival on The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel. Island Hopper Fest is the largest songwriter festival in Southwest Florida and offers a unique experience to interact with songwriters who wrote your favorite hits. Sit back and relax - we hope enjoy your time here!
- Download the official Island Hopper App to start planning your festival experience.
- Here at Island Hopper, we like to have a good time but encourage respectful listening and quiet conversations during performances.
- Please arrive at each show early as seating is limited.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed prior to departing our bars and restaurants. It is unlawful to drink or consume any alcoholic beverage on public streets, sidewalks or beaches.
The festival is 10 days long and spans across three locations, September 17-26, 2021.
- Captiva Island: September 17-19
- Downtown Fort Myers: September 20-23
- Fort Myers Beach: September 24-26
This depends on which portion of the festival you attend. Lodging deals will be available in early 2021.
Thanks to our partners, most of the performances are free! Check the performance schedule for a few special experiences that require a ticket purchase.
YES! The free Island Hopper Fest app is now available for iOS and Andriod users. Features include personalized schedules, festival discounts, maps, performance alerts and more. Search for Island Hopper Fest in your mobile app store.
Stay tuned! The performance schedule will be available closer to the festival date.
The festival HQs are a great resource for information. At any point during the festival, stop by the locations below for assistance, schedules, and more.
- Captiva Island (September 17-19): Cone Rooms, 5400 Plantation Road Captiva Island, Florida 33924
- Downtown Fort Myers (September 20-23): TBD
- Fort Myers Beach (September 24-26): Harbour House at the Inn (across from Nervous Nellies), 450 Old San Carlos Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
Ride services such as Uber and Lyft are available on Captiva Island, in Downtown Fort Myers, and on Fort Myers Beach. There are a number of taxi services available:
Captiva Island: Sanibel Taxi, Sanibel Double D, Majestic Transportation Services
Downtown Fort Myers: Night Owl Taxi LLC, A Better Taxi, Bluebird Taxi
Fort Myers Beach: Coconut Crab Airport Taxi, Errol’s Taxi, Majestic Transportation Services
- Chadwicks Square, 5400 Plantation Rd, Captiva, FL 33924
Downtown Fort Myers:
- 2118 Bay St, Fort Myers, FL 33901 (parking garage)
- 2286 Main St, Fort Myers, FL 33901 (parking garage)
- 2201 Second Street, Fort Myers, FL 33901 (parking lot)
Fort Myers Beach:
- Lynn Hall Beach Park, 950 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
- Bowditch Point Park, 50 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
- Street parking is available for $3 per hour throughout the Town of Fort Myers Beach
- Private cash-only parking lots may be found along Old San Carlos Blvd
If you are a BMI songwriter, please contact Dan Spears at DSpears@BMI.com to be considered.